Meeting the In-Laws? Not Me, Not Yet!

Its a grand thing for me, not that I have even done it yet. Well am supposed to face it this weekend and that means I have to do what a man has to do.
But 'Who knows I may get a cold foot, or both feet and snake away ( I meant slither away un-noticed).

Background;
I met this someone who happened to work her way into my Viscera (read heart) and after making sure I was intoxicated with what she was pushing (I like to think of her as a drug pusha, Like Weezy does), she mentioned me , in my absentia to her Bro.
Now that wouldnt be a problem, I mean 'what would I care if your bro knew that when you are unavailable you are safe with this dude called Davie?'... But she must have done something else because the news got me breathless like I just got punched in the stomach!
"My brother says you two should meet (who and who? and how did I get to be in the meeting?), and he has set a date (already?) and Drinks are on him. Oh, he says Nyam Chom (roasted meat) is in the house too, on him. So, what should I tell him?"

Currently;
Okay, you are probably asking what the fuss is all about and if its just the bro, then why shuldnt I just meet him? You even have this idea that I would kill for that drink (as long as its on anyone but me) and the nyam chom just makes the meeting even better to attend, arent you?
What you dont know is that maybe that wasnt my idea, not even in my dreams, at least not yet. It honestly never crossed my mind that the 'meet the inlaws' moment would come so soon. Truth be told, I have never met any and wasnt planning on doing that for the next many more years (lets not specify, cupid is unpredictable!), but here I am and the thought drives me crazy.

Reality;
Am naive in these matters. From all the movies I have watched (its all the experience I can recall), meeting the inlaws is such an awkward moment.
What do they look at? What does one have to say? What stories come up? and which ones are commented on and which ones are answered by just "mmh and uhh" or simply nodding.
I hate surprises and suspences, thats why I dont watch Horrors!!

I just wanted to say "This is one tough decision and I need time to contemplate", but all I said was "I will be there", because I still need her around.
Am just praying some 'killa' excuse comes in  a dream as I sleep, but till then am frankly sleepless!!

#HowNow

0 comments:

Post a Comment