Free Pass. You think??

 

“Then I want an open relationship. You know, give me a free pass!”

 

 

free-pass

That statement hung in the air for long. So long, I thought she hadn’t heard me.

Then again she was sitting right across me all this time and I could tell her brain was churning options at a rate my 2GB RAM Pc on the desk could only envy.

For a moment I regretted letting those words out, but she pushed me here and I just blurted!

After what seemed like forever, she lifted her head and looked at me dead in the eye.

Then took a long sip of her dry vodka from a glass, which she held all this time and at some point had pictured breaking on my face.

She swallowed hard, without a wink or wince. Then she let out a sigh and I knew what was coming up…

“Midnight”, she said. “Be home by midnight.

Never bring her here, don’t ever dream of having her on our bed.

Not a mention of me, not to her.”

Another sip and I swear this time I saw some pain in her eyes as she swallowed. Only I couldn’t tell if it was the burning of the vodka or the emotion she felt.

“And don’t even think of leaving me, am never signing the divorce papers.

we are never ever going to separate and you are never going anywhere.

And talking of walking away, I should add, No children if not with me!”

pause…

“So, do you want to run? Ok run.

But I swear I will  track the end of the world and drag you by your nuts back home.”

then she stood and walked gracefully to the bedroom and I was left half-awed half-lost in what I just heard.

I just had me an indefinite Hall Pass !!

0 comments:

Post a Comment