My bad;


I have been not so lucky with ladies. Maybe am not handsome (who am I kidding here?) but mostly because they hang around long enough to not hear me say the right things. I dont realize it, my bad, but before I know it I have another friend who would potentially be more than that. I know you are wondering, Friend? Yes. They usually don’t go far, just in case I say something that will pull them back.

Is it my fault that instead of saying “I love you”, I say, “I like you, a lot”? What’s wrong with that? I am just being real. Maybe you haven’t come to the love part, which to me very few ever make it that far, and liking you a lot is even a lot to part with.

Then again, I don’t see anything wrong with telling you “I love it when you are with me”. For your information, that statement contains the words ‘I’, ‘love’ and ‘you’, maybe not I the order you want them, but they were said. Okay, the problem with ladies is you have to be fitting and always do it right, kind of like a push-up ‘boob holder’, it’s not just a bra. It’s a push-up bra! So it has to be both, at the same time, and I am not good at multitasking in relationships.

I will tell you about her, okay. My first love, the only other lady who understood me without insisting I say it right. That was my mum. And you ladies wonder why guys love their mums. They are the ‘love’ of our lives, so maybe we don’t want to put you in their category because we don’t need a replacement; we want something we can live with. A little compromise would help here.

So next time I text I.L.U., don’t ask why I can’t write it in full. I want you to read it as you would want it. I may write ‘Like’ when you would rather read ‘Love’.

#word

0 comments:

Post a Comment