For S. The Words I Never Said

For S, Cos I never told you.

I wrote this soon as you walked out that door.
I could see it in your eyes that you wanted me, needed me, but was too numb to react.
Maybe a hug would do.
Maybe a kiss would have been better.

But I let you go cos I just didn't know what to do. Or I knew and just didn't want to complicate things further.

Said you called him my name. Not once. Twice! And he burst out with anger at you.
And all you thought and was thinking about all that time, as he rumbled on and on about what you had together, was me! So, subconsciously, you ran to me.
But what did I do? Nothing! Nope, that would not be the answer here.

You sat across me, I looked into your eyes all this time and all I saw was uncertainty.
You felt for him. Maybe you felt the same way for me, or even more, but you did not want to lose him. Not now. At least not this way... you did not say that, but I read your mind and it made sense to me.

And so I watched in pain, and waited. I should have been happy to hear that 'you called him my name' cos deep inside I had won a fight. But I had no pride and was me all the time, just very confused and waiting on, for what? I dont know either. But I waited and will still wait.

Maybe you will sort your mess, I pray you do. That's because am happy when you are, with or without me. But I owe you one more confession...

I have fallen so deep for you since I met you.
I kept falling even deeper every time I saw, thought or talked to you.
And I don't know why, but...
Maybe its the way you smile,
maybe its your style,
or maybe its the silly things about you; like the way you insist on hearing the end of every story and never wanting suspenses.
Or Maybe I just love you, and I like it and I should hate me for that!

Anyway, am an open book now. I was once bitten and now am twice as shy.
I let my guard down, let someone have their way with my heart and my feelings and-then they shattered me.
Am picking up the broken pieces and wouldn't want you to be involved. Not you, Cos this is a bloody one and I don't know when or how I will get out and if ever I will be me again.

That said, I don't want to be selfish and make you wait. More so, I wouldn't want to get into a deal where you will probably give me your whole and I will only offer pieces.

I would rather not tie you down to me,
you don't want someone like me in your life right now.

Time will heal the wounds, that I know.
The big question is how far you will have gone by then.

PS; if you never set foot in my place again, I would totally understand and wouldn't hold it against you.
I had my chances, and circumstances wouldn't let me do the right thing.
Maybe it was my pride, or I was just too afraid of getting hurt again, because;
These wounds are a constant reminder that the last fight was not that long ago.

Signed; Coward in love

0 comments:

Post a Comment