You Taught Me This


Am standing at the ledge, bare feet, toes dangling helplessly at the edge. There is a cold breeze, its pitch dark. But I don't care.
A three-quarter empty bottle of vodka in my hands is a reminder that at this state, I could do anything or anyone for that matter. I don't really care, I could touch the sky!
"Where the F* are you?
Who are you with?
What are you doing?
Do you even love him?
Do you call him babe and all those names you used to call me?"
I swear the ground, 5 floors down there, I can touch. I bet my cheesy ones, the ones you used to love playing with, that I just saw an ant and I want to stamp on it, end its life, and maybe in the process I could also end mine...
Shit!
Wtf am I doing? Where am I?
I stumble back and sit my ass on that cold concrete floor. I cant believe I was just about to... I cant even say the word!
A quarter full bottle of my poison in hand, the world swirling around me, things start to make sense.
It crosses my mind that it doesn't matter whether you left then or leave me now. It doesn't even matter if you stayed. Because life goes on and at that particular second, the world was spinning, the earth kept revolving and, tik-tok, tik-tok, some thing somewhere was happening.

A baby was being born, while another was dying.

One mother was ecstatic with joy, while another was hysterically in tears.

Someone was dying, and someone else got a new lease of life with his organs.

Someone was at the height of orgasm while another, maybe a virgin, was being raped.

A fetus was being aborted while another just survived a miscarriage.

Someone was getting their fairy-tale wedding, someone else was in the mess of a bad divorce!

One state was wedging war while another just found peace...
and here I was trying to jump off the ledge to oblivion while someone somewhere needed me and they would be miserable without me.

I love you now more that I ever did before because you showed me life, living and death.
Its not living if you have never thought of or feared death!

And you wonder why we are dying to live when we are actually living to die!

#INSPIRED

0 comments:

Post a Comment