Meeting the In-Laws; Part 2

Okay, I survived the seemingly, as it appeared to me, planned(in my absentia) undressing and torture which they called 'meeting the in-laws'. Something came up and the 'meeting' was postponed till later. But then Fate; the dude still lives on, showed me that its never over till he says so.
So in the process of silently celebrating survival by 'skin of the teeth' (I bet this isnt English) , a crazy suggestion comes up, from me moreover.

After hiding at my place and not confirming or refuting the invite, I finally arrange for an away match deceitfully wrapped in statements like 'Am missing food cooked by babe and so am finally coming over!'
I managed to elicit some cheers and you can just imagine how eager she must have been to see me around, but then Fate ( you realise his mention comes with a Capital F) shows up!

In the middle of the cookery, a knock at the door cuts my well arranged lines that were actually meant to end somewhere...
Guess who's at the door... The Bro!

My heart jumps to my throat, my palms get wet and I want to run away... 

Nooo, that never happened, the dude was not exactly the kind of guy who would cause such a reaction.
He was cool, more or less like me, even the looks came close. I started seeing the reasons she fell for me (It was never the other way round, Just kiddin!). 
One thing I learnt, was 'say none you wont get none' and I kept my foot to the ground and my mouth shut with that same effect the foot had on the ground. I spoke less and got less back, of course that ended me up in the 'shy one' list, but it worked.

I am actually looking forward to meeting him again, this time under dimmer lights and loud music and amidst bottles with frothy liquid... I bet I can carry him home if he ever got wasted and so, wasting the in-law is my next quest!

#LOL at #Fate

0 comments:

Post a Comment